There are several types of lenses that are well-suited for sports, depending on the sport and the specific needs of the athlete. Some popular options include:
- Polycarbonate lenses: These lenses are lightweight, impact-resistant and shatterproof, making them a great choice for sports where there is a risk of flying debris or collisions, such as hockey, lacrosse, and racquet sports.
- polarized lenses: These lenses reduce glare and improve visibility in bright light conditions, making them a popular choice for sports such as fishing, skiing, or golf.
- Photochromic lenses: These lenses change color based on the amount of light, providing great visibility in a variety of light conditions. This makes them a great choice for sports that take place both indoors and outdoors, such as tennis or racquetball
- Tinted lenses: Tinted lenses can help improve contrast and reduce glare, making them a popular choice for sports such as cycling, running or golf.
- Mirrored lenses: These lenses have a reflective coating that reduces glare and heat. They are a great choice for sports such as skiing, snowboarding and running.
- Prescription sport-specific glasses or contacts: Some sports require special glasses or contact lenses that can improve depth perception and peripheral vision. Consult with an eye doctor to know what is best for you.
It's important to note that the best lenses for sport will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the athlete, as well as the sport being played.