There are several ways to protect your eyes when playing sports:
- Wear protective eyewear: Many sports, such as racquet sports, hockey, and lacrosse, require the use of protective eyewear. Make sure the eyewear fits properly and meets safety standards.
- Use sport-specific goggles: Swimming and other water sports require goggles to protect the eyes from chlorine and other chemicals in the water.
- Wear a helmet: Many contact sports, such as football and hockey, require the use of a helmet to protect the head and eyes from injury.
- Use sunglasses: Outdoor sports, such as golf, tennis, and cycling, expose the eyes to harmful UV rays. Make sure to wear sunglasses that block 99-100% of both UVA and UVB rays.
- Regular eye check-ups: It's important to have regular eye check-ups to ensure your vision is good enough for playing sports and to detect any issues early on.
- Follow the rules of the sport: Follow the rules of the sport to avoid unnecessary collisions and accidents.
By following these tips, you can help protect your eyes and maintain good vision while playing sports.